Saturday, November 15, 2014

Kate Netolicka - Will Miss You

Such sad new today.  The lovely Kate Netolicka passed away.  She was such a wonderful spirit with amazing energy.  I had the privilege of working with her a couple times for designer Susana Monaco and Hunger Magazine.
SM_Fall08_ 461
I was shocked to first read about it on Facebook today.  It can be so confusing sometimes to see something on Facebook and not know if what your reading is real or an inside joke you don't understand.  But I immediately dropped everything and found the article in the Daily Mail.

The first time I photographed Kate, I only knew she was gorgeous.  We didn't even exchange info or anything.  It wasn't until a couple years later that I got to know her better.  I went to an agency party and didn't know anyone.  It was dark and loud and after a bit I was out the door.  But I saw her outside and we chatted, and she got me to go back in with her.  She was so nice and sweet and made sure I had a good time.  I was really impressed with her thoughtfulness and caring nature.

Soon after, we had the most fun shoot with her friend.  I posted some on my blog and some was published in Hunger Magazine.  You can't tell by the photos below, but it was so funny and playful. Not serious like it looks below!  They are some of my favorite photos I have ever taken.  I am not sure how I will feel about them in the future.
KateNetolicka_MichaelCreagh2
Hunger Magazine (above and link)
katenetolicka_yayakosikova_michaelcreagh1b
I just spoke to Kate on email about 3 weeks ago.  Boring stuff about photos and a little bit about her kickboxing.  You wish you knew more, so you could say more; be there for someone you really cared about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment